TeamCare offers assistance to members affected by Hurricane Michael
Monday, October 15, 2018
The Trustees of the Central States Health Fund are concerned about the devastating effect the flooding crisis has had on the people affected by Hurricane Michael, especially our TeamCare members. While state and local officials are continuing to work to improve conditions, the Funds’ Trustees would like to assist our members during this crisis and remind them of the following TeamCare benefits to help stay safe and healthy:
- Continued Coverage - For active members who are unable to work due to the effects of the flooding, TeamCare will provide continued healthcare coverage without COBRA contributions until November 3, 2018. This extension also covers all eligible family members.
- Immunizations and Screenings - All immunizations and screenings recommended by the Center for Disease Control will be covered at 100% under the TeamCare Wellness Benefit for all eligible family members.
- Vision Benefits – For active and retired members who have TeamCare vision coverage, TeamCare will waive the 12-month restriction on new glasses or contacts if lost due to the flooding.
- Prescription drugs through CVS Caremark
- TeamCare will reimburse retail and mail-order co-payments for prescription drugs that need to be filled due to being lost in the flooding.
- All limitations regarding “refill-too-soon” prescriptions have been lifted.
- Until mail service is restored, individuals currently using the Caremark’s mail-order service will be allowed to obtain their prescription medicine at any retail outlet.
- TeamCare will reimburse participants for additional costs incurred on prescriptions filled at out-of-network retail outlets.
- Out-of-Network healthcare providers - All penalties related to utilization of out-of-network healthcare providers will be waived until December 31, 2018.
- Filing deadlines - All filing deadlines will be waived (i.e. Cobra, appeals, etc.) until December 31, 2018.
- Mailings – Participants and retirees may instruct TeamCare to mail all correspondence to an alternative address outside of the flooding area.
Local Union staff can contact their Field Service Representative to have these benefits applied to any affected member. The Trustees’ thoughts are with our members and retirees during this tragedy and we will continue to evaluate the situation. If you have questions, please contact us at 1-800-TEAMCARE (800-832-6227).
Click below to download a PDF version of this special bulletin.