TeamCare offers relief to those affected by Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
TeamCare Trustees are concerned about the the devastating effect the flooding crisis has had on people affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, especially our TeamCare members. While state and local officials continue to work to improve conditions, Trustees would like to assist our members during this crisis and remind them of the following TeamCare benefits available to stay safe and healthy:
- Continued coverage — For active members who are unable to work due to the effects of the flooding, TeamCare will provide continued healthcare coverage without COBRA contributions until Sept. 30, 2017 for Harvey victims, and Oct. 21, 2017 for Irma victims. This extension also covers all eligible family members.
- Immunizations and Screenings — All immunizations and screenings recommended by the Center for Disease Control will be covered at 100% under the TeamCare Wellness Benefit for all eligible family members.
- Vision Benefits — For active members that have vision coverage, TeamCare will waive the 12 month restriction on purchasing new glasses or contacts.
- Prescription drugs through CVS Caremark
- TeamCare will waive retail and mail-order co-payments for prescription drugs.
- All limitations regarding “refill-too-soon” prescriptions have been lifted.
- Until mail service is restored, individuals currently using the Caremark’s mail-order service will be allowed to obtain their prescription medicine at any retail outlet.
- TeamCare will reimburse members for additional costs incurred on prescriptions filled at out-of-network retail outlets.
- Out-of-Network health care providers — All penalties related to utilization of out-of-network health-care providers will be waived until December 31, 2017.
- Filing deadlines — All filing deadlines will be waived (i.e. Cobra, appeals, etc.) until Dec. 31, 2017.
- Mailings — Members and retirees may instruct TeamCare to mail all correspondence to an alternative address outside of the flooding area.
Local Union staff can contact their Field Service Representative to have these benefits applied to any affected member. The Trustees’ thoughts are with our members and retirees during this tragedy and we will continue to evaluate the situation. If you have questions, please contact us at 800-TEAMCARE (800-832-6227).
Please read the Special Bulletins below for more information.