TeamCare offers relief to those affected by recent weather events
Monday, August 29, 2016
The Trustees are concerned about the devastating effect recent weather events have had on people throughout the Midwest and Southern States. From flooding in Iowa, Louisiana, and Texas, to tornados in Indiana and Ohio, the trustees are concerned for all affected, especially our TeamCare members. In areas where a state of emergency has been declared, TeamCare Trustees would like to remind our members and retirees living in impacted areas of the following TeamCare benefits available to help them stay healthy and safe during this crisis:
- Continued coverage — For active participants, who are unable to work due to the effects of the flooding, TeamCare will extend continued health-care coverage, without contributions, until October 1, 2016. This extension also covers the participant’s eligible family members.
- Out-of-Network health care providers — All penalties related to utilization of out-of-network health-care providers will be waived until December 31, 2016.
- Vision Benefits — For active participants that have vision coverage, TeamCare will waive the 12-month restriction on purchasing new glasses or contacts.
- Prescription drugs through CVS Caremark
- TeamCare will waive retail and mail-order co-payments for prescription drugs.
- All limitations regarding “refill-too-soon” prescriptions have been lifted.
- Until mail service is restored, individuals currently using TeamCare’s mail order service will be allowed to obtain their prescription medicine at retail outlets.
- TeamCare will reimburse participants for additional costs incurred on prescriptions filled at out-of-network retail outlets.
- Immunizations — All immunizations recommended by the Center for Disease Control will be covered 100% under the TeamCare Wellness Benefit.
- Filing deadlines — All filing deadlines will be waived (i.e. Cobra, appeals, etc.) until December 31, 2016.
- Mailings — Participants and retirees may instruct TeamCare to mail all correspondence to an alternative address outside of the flooding area.
The Trustees’ thoughts are with our members and retirees during this tragedy and we will continue to evaluate the situation. If you have questions, please contact our offices at 1-800-TEAMCARE (800-832-6227).
Please read the Special Bulletin for more information.