TeamCare offers relief to those affected by South Carolina flooding
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Because of the recent heavy flooding in South Carolina, Fund Trustees are offering their support to TeamCare members who have been adversely affected by this catastrophic event.
To help our members in their time of need, the following actions have been taken by the Fund for members and retirees who currently have health coverage:
- Continued coverage - For active participants, who are unable to work due to the effects of the flooding, the Fund will extend continued health-care coverage, without contributions, until November 7, 2015. This extension also covers the participant’s eligible family members.
- Out-of-Network healthcare providers - All penalties related to utilization of out-of-network healthcare providers will be waived until December 31, 2015.
- Vision benefits - For active participants that have vision coverage, the Fund will waive the 12 month restriction on purchasing new glasses or contacts.
- Prescription drugs through CVS Caremark
- The Fund will waive retail and mail-order co-payments for prescription drugs.
- All limitations regarding “refill-too-soon” prescriptions have been lifted.
- Until mail service is restored, individuals currently using the Fund’s mail-order service will be allowed to obtain their prescription medicine at retail outlets.
- The Fund will reimburse participants for additional costs incurred on prescriptions filled at out-of-network retail outlets.
- Immunizations - Any immunizations recommended by the Center for Disease Control will be covered 100% and will not be subject to any deductible until December 31, 2015.
- Filing deadlines - All filing deadlines will be waived (i.e. Cobra, appeals, etc.) until December 31, 2015.
- Mailings - Participants and retirees may instruct the Funds to mail all correspondence to an alternative address outside of the flooding area.
The Trustees’ thoughts are with our members and retirees during this tragedy and we will continue to evaluate the situation. If you have questions, please contact the Fund’s offices at 1-800-TEAMCARE (800-832-6227).
Please read the Special Bulletin for more information.