The Plan offers several special benefits and discount programs for participants. By using these programs we hope to provide additional savings to help ease the financial burden that healthcare places on all of us, but especially our participants who have lost coverage.
$0 CVS MinuteClinic Visits
TeamCare Participants are eligible for a $0 office co-pay for covered services when using a CVS MinuteClinic® for common illnesses and minor injuries. Present your TeamCare ID Card when you or your covered dependents visit the clinic inside pharmacy stores. There is no appointment necessary, and they are open seven days a week, including evenings.
CVS MinuteClinic Practitioners can:
- Treat common illnesses, like strep throat, earache, pink eye and sinus infections.
- Treat minor injuries and skin conditions.
- Write prescriptions when appropriate.
- Treat patients 18 months and older.
For more information, or to find your nearest location, call MinuteClinic at 1-866-389-2727.
The Life Insurance Benefit for participants is payable to a named beneficiary in the event of your death, or if none, in the beneficiary order specified in each TeamCare plan. The Life Insurance Benefit for your spouse and/or dependent children is payable to you.
Find out more about TeamCare Life Insurance, Accidental Death, Accidental Dismemberment, Total and Permanent Disability, and Waiver of Premium.
TeamCare Gold Medicare Health Plan for Retirees
TeamCare has partnered with Humana Medicare to offer Medicare eligible retirees the option of a Medicare Advantage health plan – TeamCare Gold – which was designed just for Teamsters and their retirees.
Offered through Humana, TeamCare Gold:
- Combines Medicare Part A (hospital benefits), Part B (physician and other medical services) and Part D (prescription drug) into one complete benefits package;
- Offers extra benefits and services for your well-being, including access to fitness centers, vision and dental discounts, emergency coverage worldwide, and Humana Active Outlook®, which is a health program and magazine; and
- There is virtually no paperwork for you to file since your provider will submit all your healthcare claims to Humana.
- You may select any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare.
Keep in mind, you must be enrolled in Medicare Part B prior to enrolling in any Medicare Advantage Plan, including the TeamCareGold plans available through Humana. Part B covers physicians and other medical services and requires a separate premium paid to Medicare. The Part B premium is deducted from your Social Security check.
TeamCare Gold provides a plan of medical and prescription benefits greater than original Medicare. TeamCare Gold plans are priced below the market value for similar Humana plans in your area.
For More Information
- Read the TeamCare Gold Brochure
- Speak to a Humana representative at 1-800-733-9064, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST
- Speak to a Medicare representative at 1-800-633-4227 or go to www.medicare.gov