TeamCare Vision Benefits deliver comprehensive coverage for routine vision services. The national EyeMed Select Network offers you access to many of the best national vision providers.
You may use any vision provider for services; however, TeamCare offers a voluntary vision network through EyeMed that provides you with optimal coverage and additional advantages.
TeamCare has partnered with EyeMed to offer you and your family the TeamCare Vision program. The TeamCare Vision program covers routine eye exams as well as prescription eyewear or contact lenses for you and your covered dependents.
New and improved vision benefits through EyeMed's Select Network are now in effect. For members whose plans have vision coverage, changes include:
- Allowance for frames has increased to $150 per person.
- In lieu of glasses your contact lens allowance has increased to $120 per person.
- Progressive lenses are covered at no cost to you. For members who receive vision benefits every 24 months, there is a $60 copay for progressive lenses.
These changes do not apply to vision benefits under certain plans. Log in to your account to see if your vision benefits have changed.
TeamCare has also upgraded to the EyeMed Select Network with over 24,000 provider locations, nearly double the existing vision network. The Select Network includes the same providers like LensCrafters, Target, and Pearle Vision, and offers many additional independent optometrists for your vision needs.
TeamCare Vision is a voluntary program, which includes access to vision care and prescription eyewear when visiting EyeMed's national network of providers. If you need a new pair of glasses or contacts, go to Find a Provider to search for an in-network eye doctor.
- The national EyeMed Select Network includes such familiar names as PearleVision®, LensCrafters®, Sears Optical®, JCPenney Optical®, Target Optical® and many independent providers.
- Locations are subject to change. To verify a location’s participation within the EyeMed Select Network, visit EyeMedVisionCare.com.
- If your Plan offers vision benefits, the program will provide a comprehensive eye exam and glasses or contact lenses as outlined in your Plan Benefit Profile.
- Your copay, specific benefits, and services provided can be found by logging into your account and viewing your Plan Benefit Profile under My Plan.
— EyeMed has partnered with Glasses.com, available online or through iTunes, so you can search more than 1,000 frames with free shipping, adjustments, and Virtual Try-On technology.
- Go to Glasses.com and under Vision Insurance, select Access Benefits
- Supply first and last name, birthday, and ZIP code, then click submit
- Immediately view out-of-pocket costs as you shop
- Create a 3D model with Virtual Try-On to see how frames will look on your face
Find your frames, select your lenses – single, progressive/multifocal, readers – and upload your vision prescription to Glasses.com. After making your payment, the frames will be shipped for free!
If your frames need fitting after they arrive, Glasses.com has teamed up with LensCrafters to provide frame adjustments at no cost.
— Another online in-network benefit from EyeMed is ContactsDirect.com.
- Go to ContactsDirect.com and register for a free account
- Check the box to apply vision insurance
- Select your brand
- Vision benefits will automatically apply to show any out-of-pocket costs at check out
- After payment, ContactsDirect.com will verify your prescription and ship the order for free
Members can apply special ContactsDirect.com promotions and discounts to save even more money!
If you choose to use an out-of-network vision provider, outside of the EyeMed Select Network, your vision benefit offers you reimbursement for services as indicated in your Plan Benefit Profile under My Plan.
If you're submitting a claim, please mail to:
A Central States Health Plan
P. O. Box 5116
Des Plaines, IL 60017-5116
Consult your TeamCare ID card and make sure that all information is accurate on your claim form.