Over the past few months, some of the most essential workers have been our members. From the over-the-road truck drivers, to the UPSers, to those on the front line like our American Red Cross members, our TeamCare members have kept the country moving forward through this pandemic. But as we return to a “new normal”, there are important tips to remember to stay healthy.
Here are 7 ways to stay safe at work and on the road:
- Wear a face mask whenever near customers. If you’re wearing a reusable cloth face covering, be sure to take it home and wash it often.
- Keep your truck and package car clean. Wipe down surfaces with disinfecting cleaning products often in order to get rid of bacteria on them.
- Continue to use hand sanitizer frequently, especially after coming into contact with high-touch surfaces, such as packages, handrails, and door knobs.
- Limit sharing of tools, equipment, hand carts, or supplies with other people. Avoid sharing food and utensils.
- Maintain social distancing. Avoid breakrooms and lunchrooms that can get crowded and can have surfaces that are not cleaned properly between uses.
- If possible, modify your travel. This means not only flying or taking trips, but also changing your commute if you typically take public transportation. Choose to drive, bike, or walk if it’s a viable distance.
- Stay at home if you have a fever and call Teladoc. Better safe, than sorry! Seek treatment through Teladoc and follow the advice of the doctor.