The Trustees of the Central States Health Fund are concerned about the devastating effect that Hurricane Ida is having on our TeamCare members in Louisiana. National, state and local officials have declared a state of emergency in certain areas and continue to work to improve conditions. During this crisis, the Funds’ Trustees would like to assist our members in these areas and remind them of the following TeamCare benefits to help them stay safe and healthy:
- Continued Coverage - For active members who are unable to work because of Hurricane Ida, TeamCare will provide continued healthcare coverage without COBRA contributions until November 27, 2021. This extension also covers all eligible family members.
- Immunizations and Screenings - All immunizations and screenings recommended by the Center for Disease Control will be covered at no-cost for covered family members.
- Vision Benefits – For active and retired members who have TeamCare vision coverage, TeamCare will waive the 12-month restriction on pick up new glasses or contacts if lost due to the hurricane.
- Prescription drugs through CVS Caremark
- TeamCare will reimburse retail and mail-order co-payments for prescription drugs that need to be filled due to being lost in the hurricane.
All limitations regarding “refill-too-soon” prescriptions have been lifted.
Until mail service is restored, individuals currently using the Caremark’s mail-order service will be allowed to obtain their medicine at any retail outlet. TeamCare will reimburse for any additional costs incurred on prescriptions filled at out-of-network retail outlets.
- Out-of-Network health care providers - All penalties related to utilization of out-of-network health-care providers will be waived until November 27, 2021.
- Filing deadlines - All filing deadlines will be waived (i.e. Cobra, appeals, etc) until November 27, 2021.
- Mailings – Participants and retirees may instruct TeamCare to mail all correspondence to an alternative address outside of the affected area.
Representative Darius Wells or Cindy McGinnis to have these affected member. The Trustees’ thoughts and prayers are with our members and retirees during this tragedy and we will continue to evaluate the situation.
Click below to download a PDF version of this special bulletin.