Before You Apply
Disabled as a result of a non-work-related injury or illness
Unable to work due to pregnancy
Receiving regular care from your doctor that interrupts your ability to work
Actively employed and covered by the Plan when you become disabled
For members who work for UPS:
• Call The Hartford: You will need to call The Hartford at 1-866-825-0186 to report your leave. A medical document supporting your leave must be provided. Once you’re on leave, medical documents must be sent to The Hartford every 60 days to recertify your leave — you can upload those documents at http://abilityadvantage.thehartford.com.
• If you work for UPS in New Jersey or New York, you must submit your claim through The Hartford either by calling 1-866-825-0186 to reach a The Hartford representative, or online at http://abilityadvantage.thehartford.com.
• If you work for UPS in California or Rhode Island, you must submit your claim through your state’s short-term disability program. Once approved, you must send a copy of the statement to TeamCare.
• For all other UPS employees, after you call The Hartford, you may proceed with the rest of the Short-Term Disability steps.
For members who work for TForce Freight:
• TForce Freight employees must call LifeWorks at 1-800-533-0550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate your leave. It is important that you contact LifeWorks immediately to ensure contributions are made for continued TeamCare benefits while on leave.
• If you are employed by TForce Freight in New York, submit a claim with Prudential Insurance Company of America by gong to the Disability Management Services website: www.prudential.com/mybenefits or call 1-877-367-7781 / fax 1-877-889-4885.
• If you are employed by TForce Freight in New Jersey, submit a claim with the state of New Jersey at Division of Temporary Disability and Family Leave Insurance website: https://nj.gov/labor/myleavebenefits or call 1-609-292-7060 / fax 1-609-984-4138. Once approved, you must send a copy of the statement to TeamCare.
• If you are employed by TForce Freight in California or Rhode Island, you must submit your claim through the state’s short-term disability program. Once approved, you must send a copy of the statement to TeamCare.
For all members:
Download the Form
When you’re ready to apply, you must complete the TeamCare Short-Term Disability Claim Form - Initial Report of Disability. You can download and print the form on the right, or call 1-800-TEAMCARE(1-800-832-6227) to request a claim form be mailed or faxed to you.
Complete the Form
Submit the Form
Scan your completed form. Once logged in, Navigate to the Message Center, compose your message, attach your scanned form, and send. You’ll receive confirmation once it has been received. Easy!Message Center
We recommend making a copy of your form for your records. Mail the original to the following address:
TeamCareCentral States Health FundPO Box 5107Des Plaines, Illinois 60017-5107
Fax your completed form to TeamCare directly at 1-847-518-9757.
After we receive your form, we’ll send you a confirmation message via the same channel through which you submitted it. For instance, if you’ve mailed your form, watch the mail for a letter from us confirming receipt. If you have not received confirmation within five business days, please contact a Benefits Specialist via your Message Center or by calling us at 1-800-TEAMCARE (1-800-832-6227).
feel better soon!