Before You Apply
Disabled as a result of a non-work-related injury or illness
Unable to work due to pregnancy
Receiving regular care from your doctor that interrupts your ability to work
Actively employed and covered by the Plan when you become disabled
For members who work for UPS:
• Call the Central Office: Any UPS employee going on medical leave is required to call the central office immediately to report their leave. It is your responsibility to contact UPS with this information.
• Call The Hartford: After calling the UPS central office, you will need to call The Hartford at 1-866-825-0186 to report your leave. A medical document supporting your leave must be provided. Once you’re on leave, medical documents must be sent to The Hartford every 60 days to recertify your leave — you can upload those documents at http://abilityadvantage.thehartford.com.
• If you work for UPS in New Jersey or New York, you must submit your claim through The Hartford either by calling 1-866-825-0186 to reach a The Hartford representative, or online at http://abilityadvantage.thehartford.com.
• If you work for UPS in California or Rhode Island, you must submit your claim through your state’s short-term disability program. A copy of that claim should then be submitted to TeamCare.
• For all other UPS employees, after you call the Central Office and The Hartford, you may proceed with the rest of the Short-Term Disability steps.
For all members:
Download the Form
When you’re ready to apply, you must complete the TeamCare Short-Term Disability Claim Form - Initial Report of Disability. You can download and print the form on the right, or call 1-800-TEAMCARE(1-800-832-6227) to request a claim form be mailed or faxed to you.
Complete the Form
Submit the Form
Scan your completed form. Once logged in, Navigate to the Message Center, compose your message, attach your scanned form, and send. You’ll receive confirmation once it has been received. Easy!Message Center
We recommend making a copy of your form for your records. Mail the original to the following address:
TeamCareCentral States Health FundPO Box 5107Des Plaines, Illinois 60017-5107
Fax your completed form to TeamCare directly at 1-847-518-9757.
After we receive your form, we’ll send you a confirmation message via the same channel through which you submitted it. For instance, if you’ve mailed your form, watch the mail for a letter from us confirming receipt. If you have not received confirmation within five business days, please contact a Benefits Specialist via your Message Center or by calling us at 1-800-TEAMCARE (1-800-832-6227).
feel better soon!